CURSE WORDS


How many of us use a curse words or struggle with the same? Where do we learn this curse words from? How many have friends who use curse words? Journey with me in this and i'll share the sources of curse word, my experience with struggling with curse words and what does God require of us to do with regards to curse words? I have been once a victim of curse words but I thank God for opening my eyes and even delivering me from it. As a student, I had influence from movies i watched before I got into an intimate relationship with God and he gave me revelations through His word concerning curse words. Most of the curse words used are like shit, slut, fuck, crap and asshole. It is so unfortunate that most of us are innocently carried away by the westernization. By this I mean that, with the movies, books, social media music among other avenues we get to access this words make which make us conform to the worldly trends in terms of the way we address each other or even communicate. As for me, a certain movie I had watched that really made the f*** word stick in my mind was due to watching it repeatedly. I would not mention it for purposes of security. I also had a couple of friends who were constantly using it so I felt different and with the little time we spent together I got myself using it as well. The main reason why I purposed to stop using this words was due to the following reasons. Ill base my reason from the biblical point of view.

Not conforming to the patterns/standards of this world. 

In Romans 12:2 New International Version bible says, do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. It is the will of God for us not to conform to the patterns of this world or rather to emulate what the people of the world do but to be transformed by the renewal of our minds.The renewing of our minds basically means seeking the Lords face purposed to know what He requires from us. Reading Gods word for instance, when one knows the will of God with regards to any particular thing he or she will be able to discern what is good or bad by knowing Gods perfect will for us. 

Out of the abundance of our hearts the mouth speaks.

Luke 6:45 says, the good person out of the good treasure of the heart produces good, and the evil person out of evil treasure produces evil; for it is out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks. Perhaps we should ask ourselves what exactly are we keeping in our hearts. Is it anger, malice, bitterness, hatred or abusive language? What comes from your mouth is whatever you have in your heart. One scientist will remind us that the heart and the brain are connected in this way that our brains is not the sole source of our emotions, but, our hearts and brains work together in producing emotions. Our hearts actually contains neurons, similar to those in our brains, and our hearts and brains are closely connected, creating a symbiotic emotional whole. What does God require from us in Proverbs 4:23 Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life. This means that we take a personal initiative to avoid every circumstance that may cause your heart to be hurt because most instances people use curse words because they are probably hurt or maybe when they like something. Hence, it is our mandate to guard ourselves from movies, books, posts on the social media and music that don’t edify in a Godly living, bad company of friends and anything else that you will find returning you to your old nature self if you are a recent believer or even when you are still in faith and you don’t have a strong foundation you can be tempted by the evil desires that burn inside us. Remember our hearts are desperately wicked and so we just need to cry to God for Him to continuously cleanse our hearts and as we are just men with unclean lips and we dwell amongst people of unclean lips. For God to help us tame our tongues and to daily desire that our conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone just like it is written in Colossians 4:6 New International Bible. 

Bad company corrupt good character. 

What type of friends do we have? Are they edifying us in any way to a Godly living? Do they draw us close to God or far away from God? Are we even guarding against having being equally yoked with them? Are we afraid of losing that dear friend that lead us astray? Are we even praying for them to live,lives that pleases God as much as we interact with them? They may not necessarily be our friends but maybe our parents or siblings or relatives. People that we closely relate with in a day to day life. The bible will remind us that, do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." 1 Corinthians 15:33. What are we doing in regards to the same? Now that we know that God knows that actually knows that bad company ruins good morals, then what? Ask God to deliver your friends, help you have fellowship with Godly friends that would even hold you accountable with whatever you are struggling with. He is faithful and He will lead you all though to live a life that honor and glorify Him even with your speech.

In a nut shell, God knows all about our struggles and this is what He offers to us friends, that Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30. How great is the love of God for us friends that He is ready with arms open to receive us and to deliver us from every snares of sin and bondages. In addition, He promises us of a lighter yolk. Again the most important is that we pray for one another as it is recorded in 1 Timothy 2:1 First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men and seek Gods guidance on the same. Pray for me as well that even as much as I share the gospel, that I may put my body as a slave to me, that I may not be disqualified for the prize .

Comments

Post a Comment

LATEST POSTS